Bombings, shooting kill 6 people in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say bombings and a shooting have killed six people around the capital.
Police officials say the deadliest of today`s attacks came when a bomb exploded at an outdoor market in Baghdad`s southeastern suburbs, killing three and wounding 11 others.
Two people were killed and seven others were wounded in a bomb blast inside a restaurant in the capital`s northeastern suburb of Husseiniyah, said police.
Also in Baghdad, gunmen killed the owner of a grocery store as he was walking near his house in the neighbourhood of Hurriyah.
Medical officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they`re not authorised to talk to media.
At least 190 people have died in attacks across the country so far this month, according to an Associated Press count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’