Bombings, shooting kill 6 people in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say bombings and a shooting have killed six people around the capital.
Police officials say the deadliest of today`s attacks came when a bomb exploded at an outdoor market in Baghdad`s southeastern suburbs, killing three and wounding 11 others.
Two people were killed and seven others were wounded in a bomb blast inside a restaurant in the capital`s northeastern suburb of Husseiniyah, said police.
Also in Baghdad, gunmen killed the owner of a grocery store as he was walking near his house in the neighbourhood of Hurriyah.
Medical officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they`re not authorised to talk to media.
At least 190 people have died in attacks across the country so far this month, according to an Associated Press count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar