Bombings, shooting kill 6 people in Iraqi capital
Baghdad: Iraqi authorities say bombings and a shooting have killed six people around the capital.
Police officials say the deadliest of today`s attacks came when a bomb exploded at an outdoor market in Baghdad`s southeastern suburbs, killing three and wounding 11 others.
Two people were killed and seven others were wounded in a bomb blast inside a restaurant in the capital`s northeastern suburb of Husseiniyah, said police.
Also in Baghdad, gunmen killed the owner of a grocery store as he was walking near his house in the neighbourhood of Hurriyah.
Medical officials confirmed the casualties. All officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they`re not authorised to talk to media.
At least 190 people have died in attacks across the country so far this month, according to an Associated Press count.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder