Bombs explode near bodies of Mexican migrant massacre
Reynosa: Two bombs exploded near a morgue in Reynosa where the 72 bodies of the Tamaulipas migrant massacre are kept, injuring at least one person, local officials said.
"They were two different bombs about a block apart. We`re investigating. We don`t know what types of devices were used," an official with the Tamaulipas state Attorney General`s office said, on condition of anonymity.
He said the bomb had injured at least one person in downtown Reynosa.
The mayor`s office confirmed the two explosions yesterday on its website, calling on the local population to stay away from the city centre.
The Reforma daily mentioned a third bomb going off in Reynosa, but local authorities could not confirm that report.
The Reynosa morgue currently houses the bodies of 72 migrants found Tuesday in a ranch in San Fernando, Tamaulipas.
A survivor of the massacre said the migrants were kidnapped and killed by the Zetas drug gang after they refused to work for them.
Two car bombs went off overnight on Thursday in Tamaulipas capital Victoria outside a police station and the offices of a major television channel causing some damage but no injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?