Bombs explode near bodies of Mexican migrant massacre
Reynosa: Two bombs exploded near a morgue in Reynosa where the 72 bodies of the Tamaulipas migrant massacre are kept, injuring at least one person, local officials said.
"They were two different bombs about a block apart. We`re investigating. We don`t know what types of devices were used," an official with the Tamaulipas state Attorney General`s office said, on condition of anonymity.
He said the bomb had injured at least one person in downtown Reynosa.
The mayor`s office confirmed the two explosions yesterday on its website, calling on the local population to stay away from the city centre.
The Reforma daily mentioned a third bomb going off in Reynosa, but local authorities could not confirm that report.
The Reynosa morgue currently houses the bodies of 72 migrants found Tuesday in a ranch in San Fernando, Tamaulipas.
A survivor of the massacre said the migrants were kidnapped and killed by the Zetas drug gang after they refused to work for them.
Two car bombs went off overnight on Thursday in Tamaulipas capital Victoria outside a police station and the offices of a major television channel causing some damage but no injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal