Bombs explode near bodies of Mexican migrant massacre
Reynosa: Two bombs exploded near a morgue in Reynosa where the 72 bodies of the Tamaulipas migrant massacre are kept, injuring at least one person, local officials said.
"They were two different bombs about a block apart. We`re investigating. We don`t know what types of devices were used," an official with the Tamaulipas state Attorney General`s office said, on condition of anonymity.
He said the bomb had injured at least one person in downtown Reynosa.
The mayor`s office confirmed the two explosions yesterday on its website, calling on the local population to stay away from the city centre.
The Reforma daily mentioned a third bomb going off in Reynosa, but local authorities could not confirm that report.
The Reynosa morgue currently houses the bodies of 72 migrants found Tuesday in a ranch in San Fernando, Tamaulipas.
A survivor of the massacre said the migrants were kidnapped and killed by the Zetas drug gang after they refused to work for them.
Two car bombs went off overnight on Thursday in Tamaulipas capital Victoria outside a police station and the offices of a major television channel causing some damage but no injuries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened