Bombs hit bus carrying Turkish troops, 1 killed
Ankara: Two roadside bombs struck a bus carrying Turkish troops to a navy base in the country`s west, killing one soldier and wounding 11 people today, the governor`s office said.
The explosions hit the bus near the base on the outskirts of the Aegean resort town of Foca, the governor`s office in Izmir said. Governor Cahit Kirac of Izmir province said one soldier was killed and 11 people were wounded in the attack.
The state-run Anadolu Agency said six soldiers were among the wounded.
The rest of the wounded were civilians employed by the military, reports said.
Earlier, Turkey`s state-run TRT television, without citing source, said 30 soldiers were wounded in the attack but the governor`s office said the report was wrong.
The attack came days after Turkey`s interior minister claimed Sunday that Turkish troops have killed as many as 115 suspected Kurdish rebels in a major clash near the southeastern town of Semdinli.
Kurdish rebels are fighting for autonomy in the country`s Kurdish-dominated southeast but have also staged attacks elsewhere in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan