Bombs in Baghdad suburb kill 8
Baghdad: Police in Iraq say two bombs have exploded in a Baghdad suburb, killing at least eight people.
It is the latest attack in a particularly bloody month as the Iraqi government struggles to provide security.
A police official says the first blast went off early on Wednesday morning outside a house belonging to a Shiite family in Wahda, a suburban neighbourhood just southeast of Baghdad.
Minutes later, as neighbours gathered at the scene, a second bomb exploded near the crowd.
The officer said eight people died and 19 were wounded. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to release the information. Hospital officials confirmed the deaths.
Most recent attacks have targeted Shiite Muslims and are blamed on al-Qaeda-linked Sunni militants seeking to destabilise Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan