Bombs in Baghdad suburb kill 8
Baghdad: Police in Iraq say two bombs have exploded in a Baghdad suburb, killing at least eight people.
It is the latest attack in a particularly bloody month as the Iraqi government struggles to provide security.
A police official says the first blast went off early on Wednesday morning outside a house belonging to a Shiite family in Wahda, a suburban neighbourhood just southeast of Baghdad.
Minutes later, as neighbours gathered at the scene, a second bomb exploded near the crowd.
The officer said eight people died and 19 were wounded. He spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to release the information. Hospital officials confirmed the deaths.
Most recent attacks have targeted Shiite Muslims and are blamed on al-Qaeda-linked Sunni militants seeking to destabilise Iraq.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad