Melbourne: Police operations in Sydney have concluded at nine schools across Australia's largest city after bomb threats were received today following Friday's series of threats that turned out to be hoaxes.
According to media reports, one of the schools involved confirmed it had received a bomb threat via an electronic voice message.
Just before 4 pm (local time) New South Wales Police advised?" Police operations have concluded at a number of schools across Sydney. Investigations are continuing".
A police spokeswoman had earlier confirmed a number of operations were underway.
However, she said there was "nothing to substantiate that there is anything serious at any of them at this stage".
The NSW Department of Education also confirmed it was working with police after "several schools received threats
"Each school is taking precautionary measures to ensure the safety of its students and no students are in danger," a department spokeswoman said.
"Police are attending at each location as a precaution. Concerned parents can contact their child's school."
NSW police said the threats were "very low level" and there was "nothing at all" to suggest the threats were related to terrorism.
Australia has raised the terror threat alert level to high in September 2014, with the government passing a series of national security laws and police conducting numerous raids
across the country.