Bones broken as JAL plane hits turbulence
Tokyo: Two people suffered broken bones when a Japan Airlines plane hit sudden turbulence en route from Tokyo to Hawaii, an airline spokesman said.
The Boeing 767-300 was flying with 239 passengers and 11 crew members aboard when it encountered the turbulence at cruising altitude, some 300 kilometres (188 miles) west of Honolulu, the official said.
The accident occurred at 3:30 am Japan time (1830 GMT Thursday).
One passenger broke their left thigh bone and a crew member suffered a broken right elbow, the spokesman said without giving further details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'
- Hafiz Saeed's son-in-law masterminded terror attack on CRPF convoy in Pampore: Report