Bono ‘star struck’ after meeting Suu Kyi
Oslo: When U2 frontman and activist rock star Bono met Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi on Monday, he was nothing short of being ‘star struck’.
The meeting took place at a peace forum in Oslo, a part of five-nation Europe tour of Suu Kyi.
From the past several years, Bono has used his star power to raise issues related to poverty. Once, during a particular U2 concert tour, video messages from Suu kyi were also played for the audience.
Bono has dedicated the song ‘Walk On’ to her as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter