Bono ‘star struck’ after meeting Suu Kyi
Oslo: When U2 frontman and activist rock star Bono met Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi on Monday, he was nothing short of being ‘star struck’.
The meeting took place at a peace forum in Oslo, a part of five-nation Europe tour of Suu Kyi.
From the past several years, Bono has used his star power to raise issues related to poverty. Once, during a particular U2 concert tour, video messages from Suu kyi were also played for the audience.
Bono has dedicated the song ‘Walk On’ to her as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 85 seats, BJP in 53; counting underway
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur