Bono ‘star struck’ after meeting Suu Kyi
Oslo: When U2 frontman and activist rock star Bono met Nobel Peace Prize laureate Aung San Suu Kyi on Monday, he was nothing short of being ‘star struck’.
The meeting took place at a peace forum in Oslo, a part of five-nation Europe tour of Suu Kyi.
From the past several years, Bono has used his star power to raise issues related to poverty. Once, during a particular U2 concert tour, video messages from Suu kyi were also played for the audience.
Bono has dedicated the song ‘Walk On’ to her as well.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional