Book reveals nightmarish scenario had Palin ever become President
Washington: A new novel written by a lawyer makes one wonder what would happen if former Alaska Governor, Sarah Palin, won presidential bid in 2008.
Fred Rich, who is the author of ‘Christian Nation’, has successfully been able to paint a picture that how religious extremists on the right could flip over the society.
Rich raises question in his book that what would happen if actually Sarah Palin, who is a firm believer of America becoming a Christian nation, gets the power to implement it.
The Politico reports that Rich’s plot of a would-be Palin presidency after McCain passes away in the novel shows how serious he is about what it would mean for the country.
According to the report, Rich said he used to be Roman Catholic, but now he’s an atheist adding that he used to be a Republican, but now he’s an independent.
Rich further said that he does not want to hurt Christians’ sentiments.
The report added that Rich quoted not only Palin; he also looks at the 2012 Republican presidential field.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok