`Bored` Chinese teenager makes hoax bomb call
Beijing: Chinese authorities have detained a 17-year-old boy in central Hubei Province who allegedly made a hoax bomb call that disrupted airport traffic because he "felt bored."
The teenager from China`s eastern Shandong Province allegedly called Yichang Sanxia Airport on Augusts 12, claiming his friend was in a taxi to the airport carrying knifes and explosives, police in Yichang City said on Wednesday.
The call prompted an emergency police response to intercept vehicles entering the airport and strengthen security. However, nothing was found, police said.
The boy surnamed Liu was detained on Sunday and admitted that the call was intended as a joke as he "felt bored."
Liu may face charges of fabricating and circulating fake terrorism information, according to the police, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
China has seen a spate of bomb hoaxes disrupting air traffic in recent years, leading experts to blame a lack of legal awareness among the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley