`Bored` Chinese teenager makes hoax bomb call
Beijing: Chinese authorities have detained a 17-year-old boy in central Hubei Province who allegedly made a hoax bomb call that disrupted airport traffic because he "felt bored."
The teenager from China`s eastern Shandong Province allegedly called Yichang Sanxia Airport on Augusts 12, claiming his friend was in a taxi to the airport carrying knifes and explosives, police in Yichang City said on Wednesday.
The call prompted an emergency police response to intercept vehicles entering the airport and strengthen security. However, nothing was found, police said.
The boy surnamed Liu was detained on Sunday and admitted that the call was intended as a joke as he "felt bored."
Liu may face charges of fabricating and circulating fake terrorism information, according to the police, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
China has seen a spate of bomb hoaxes disrupting air traffic in recent years, leading experts to blame a lack of legal awareness among the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional