`Bored` Chinese teenager makes hoax bomb call
Beijing: Chinese authorities have detained a 17-year-old boy in central Hubei Province who allegedly made a hoax bomb call that disrupted airport traffic because he "felt bored."
The teenager from China`s eastern Shandong Province allegedly called Yichang Sanxia Airport on Augusts 12, claiming his friend was in a taxi to the airport carrying knifes and explosives, police in Yichang City said on Wednesday.
The call prompted an emergency police response to intercept vehicles entering the airport and strengthen security. However, nothing was found, police said.
The boy surnamed Liu was detained on Sunday and admitted that the call was intended as a joke as he "felt bored."
Liu may face charges of fabricating and circulating fake terrorism information, according to the police, state-run Xinhua news agency reported today.
China has seen a spate of bomb hoaxes disrupting air traffic in recent years, leading experts to blame a lack of legal awareness among the public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list