Bo`s sacking: China`s ruling party claims support
Beijing: China`s ruling Communist Party has claimed widespread support for its move to sack hardline leader Bo Xilai from the powerful Politburo to investigate serious violations of indiscipline and detention of his wife for the murder of a British businessman.
"Chinese central authorities` decision to investigate Bo Xilai`s serious discipline violations has won wide support for safeguarding the rule of law as well as the purity of the party," the state-run Xinhua news agency said in a commentary on Monday .
The whole of Chinese official media has been carrying a blitzkrieg of sorts against Bo ever since he was sacked from all posts and his wife Gu Kalai detained along with their orderly for the murder of their family friend and British businessman Neil Heywood.
The case against Gu was further tightened with revelations by the British media that she obtained potassium cyanide from a local party leader.
Xia Deliang, a former Communist party district leader in Chongqing, claimed he supplied cyanide to Bo`s wife, according to a report in the Sunday Times.
Much of the allegations against Bo and his family came from his former aid and police chief of Chongqing municipality Wang Lijun who escaped to US Consulate in Chengdu in February this year fearing reprisals from Bo.
He came out and surrendered to central police and reportedly brought to Beijing for further investigations. He too was removed from the party.
According to the re-investigation results, existing evidence indicated that Heywood died of homicide, of which Gu Kailai and orderly Zhang Xiaojun highly suspected," the Xinhua report said.
People from different sectors of the Chinese society have since expressed through various channels their support for the CPC decision which they said were transparent and based on facts and laws, the report said.
"The decisions also demonstrate the CPC Central Committee`s clear stance, firm resolution and strong confidence in safeguarding the purity of the Party and the rule of law," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof