Bo`s son defends father as `upright and devoted to duty`
Beijing: Expelled Chinese Communist Party leader Bo Xilai, accused of graft and sexual misconduct, Sunday got overwhelming support from his lone son, who described him as "upright in his beliefs and devoted to duty".
Bo Guagua, a Harvard graduate, also questioned the spate of charges slapped against his father, once a party strongman tipped for promotion to CPC`s highest echelons of power.
US-based Bo Guagua said, "Personally, it is hard for me to believe the allegations that were announced against my father, because they contradict everything I have come to know about him throughout my life."
"Although the policies my father enacted are open to debate, the father I know is upright in his beliefs and devoted to duty," Bo Guagua said in a statement on his Tumblr account which was quoted by the Wall Street Journal today.
He sent a link to the statement in an email response today to a request for comment, the newspaper said.
"He (Bo) has always taught me to be my own person and to have concern for causes greater than ourselves. I have tried to follow his advice. At this point, I expect the legal process to follow its normal course, and I will await the result," the statement said.
Bo Guagua is the only son of Bo and his second wife Gu Kailai.
Bo, 63, is set to face trial following his expulsion from the Communist Party of China ahead of its once in a decade change in top leadership in November.
Gu has already been given suspended death sentence in the murder of British Businessman Neil Heywood which took place in China`s Chongqing city in November last year.
Gu who admitted to poison Heywood in confessions said the Briton threatened the safety of her son after falling out over a business deal.
Bo Guagua was during the time of their dispute studied in England, where Heywood was stated to be his local guardian.
While the murder was concealed as death due to excessive drinking of alcohol by Heywood, it came to light after the Police Chief of Chongqing Wang Lijjun defected to US Consulate in Chengdu after slapped by Bo for investigating Gu`s involvement in the murder.
Wang was sentenced to 15 years for defection and various other charges.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail