Bosnian-born US man sentenced in NY subway plot
London: A 34-yaer-old man in the US has reportedly been sentenced to life in prison over a plot to bomb the New York subway.
Bosnian-born US citizen Adis Medunjanin was convicted in May of multiple US terrorism offences, including conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction.
According to the BBC, two former schoolmates, who had helped to plan the attack pleaded guilty and testified against Medunjanin.
Appearing at a US court in New York for the hearing, Medunjanin maintained his innocence, saying he had ‘nothing to do with any subway plot or bombing plot whatsoever’.
Prosecutors said that the men were trained by al Qaeda in Pakistan before agreeing to participate in the plot.
According to the report, the attack was planned to coincide around the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, but was foiled when the trio realised law enforcement officials were following them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal