Bosnian-born US man sentenced in NY subway plot
London: A 34-yaer-old man in the US has reportedly been sentenced to life in prison over a plot to bomb the New York subway.
Bosnian-born US citizen Adis Medunjanin was convicted in May of multiple US terrorism offences, including conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction.
According to the BBC, two former schoolmates, who had helped to plan the attack pleaded guilty and testified against Medunjanin.
Appearing at a US court in New York for the hearing, Medunjanin maintained his innocence, saying he had ‘nothing to do with any subway plot or bombing plot whatsoever’.
Prosecutors said that the men were trained by al Qaeda in Pakistan before agreeing to participate in the plot.
According to the report, the attack was planned to coincide around the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, but was foiled when the trio realised law enforcement officials were following them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail