Bosnian-born US man sentenced in NY subway plot
London: A 34-yaer-old man in the US has reportedly been sentenced to life in prison over a plot to bomb the New York subway.
Bosnian-born US citizen Adis Medunjanin was convicted in May of multiple US terrorism offences, including conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction.
According to the BBC, two former schoolmates, who had helped to plan the attack pleaded guilty and testified against Medunjanin.
Appearing at a US court in New York for the hearing, Medunjanin maintained his innocence, saying he had ‘nothing to do with any subway plot or bombing plot whatsoever’.
Prosecutors said that the men were trained by al Qaeda in Pakistan before agreeing to participate in the plot.
According to the report, the attack was planned to coincide around the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, but was foiled when the trio realised law enforcement officials were following them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!