Bosnian-born US man sentenced in NY subway plot
London: A 34-yaer-old man in the US has reportedly been sentenced to life in prison over a plot to bomb the New York subway.
Bosnian-born US citizen Adis Medunjanin was convicted in May of multiple US terrorism offences, including conspiring to use weapons of mass destruction.
According to the BBC, two former schoolmates, who had helped to plan the attack pleaded guilty and testified against Medunjanin.
Appearing at a US court in New York for the hearing, Medunjanin maintained his innocence, saying he had ‘nothing to do with any subway plot or bombing plot whatsoever’.
Prosecutors said that the men were trained by al Qaeda in Pakistan before agreeing to participate in the plot.
According to the report, the attack was planned to coincide around the eighth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, but was foiled when the trio realised law enforcement officials were following them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai