Bosnian police detain 5 terrorism suspects
Sarajevo: Police say they have detained five people as they sought evidence they were instigating and planning terrorist attacks.
Authorities raided eight homes, including at least one in the village Gornja Maoca, known as a stronghold of the ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect.
Police have raided the village several times in the past two years. Two Gornja Maoca residents are now standing trial for helping a gunman also a member of the sect who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last year, injuring a policeman.
Police announced the raid in a statement today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon