Bosnian police detain 5 terrorism suspects
Sarajevo: Police say they have detained five people as they sought evidence they were instigating and planning terrorist attacks.
Authorities raided eight homes, including at least one in the village Gornja Maoca, known as a stronghold of the ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect.
Police have raided the village several times in the past two years. Two Gornja Maoca residents are now standing trial for helping a gunman also a member of the sect who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last year, injuring a policeman.
Police announced the raid in a statement today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...