Bosnian police detain 5 terrorism suspects
Sarajevo: Police say they have detained five people as they sought evidence they were instigating and planning terrorist attacks.
Authorities raided eight homes, including at least one in the village Gornja Maoca, known as a stronghold of the ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect.
Police have raided the village several times in the past two years. Two Gornja Maoca residents are now standing trial for helping a gunman also a member of the sect who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last year, injuring a policeman.
Police announced the raid in a statement today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand