Bosnian police detain 5 terrorism suspects
Sarajevo: Police say they have detained five people as they sought evidence they were instigating and planning terrorist attacks.
Authorities raided eight homes, including at least one in the village Gornja Maoca, known as a stronghold of the ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect.
Police have raided the village several times in the past two years. Two Gornja Maoca residents are now standing trial for helping a gunman also a member of the sect who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last year, injuring a policeman.
Police announced the raid in a statement today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31