Bosnian police detain 5 terrorism suspects
Sarajevo: Police say they have detained five people as they sought evidence they were instigating and planning terrorist attacks.
Authorities raided eight homes, including at least one in the village Gornja Maoca, known as a stronghold of the ultraconservative Wahhabi Muslim sect.
Police have raided the village several times in the past two years. Two Gornja Maoca residents are now standing trial for helping a gunman also a member of the sect who fired an automatic weapon at the U.S. Embassy in Sarajevo last year, injuring a policeman.
Police announced the raid in a statement today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing