Boston blast injury toll up to 264: Official
Boston: A total of 264 people have been treated in Boston area hospitals for injuries suffered in the marathon bomb attacks, the city`s public health commission said on Tuesday.
The toll, up from around 200 on Monday, has been rising because people who suffered minor injuries in the blasts last week are only now going in for treatment, said commission spokeswoman Katinka Podmaniczky.
As of Tuesday morning, a total of 51 people remained hospitalized, she told AFP.
The blasts, allegedly carried out by two ethnic Chechens living legally in the United States, killed three people, one of them an eight-year-old boy.
The surviving suspect, 19-year-old Dzorkhar Tsarnaev, himself remains hospitalized with gunshot wounds. He has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction and could face the death penalty if convicted.
His 26-year-old brother Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood