Boston blasts` eye-witness recalls Mumbai attacks
Boston: A woman who saw the horror unfold at the Boston Marathon compared it with the 2008 attack in Mumbai, the Indian city she was visiting when Pakistani terrorists went on a killing spree.
Stephanie Douglas had come up here from Virginia to cheer on her friend Linda Claire Willits when two bombs exploded, killing three people and injuring over 140.
She was reminded of 2008 when she was in Mumbai when 10 Pakistani terrorists sneaked into India`s commercial capital and went on rampage. As many as 166 people were killed in the Nov 26-28 mayhem.
"This is twice I`ve been in two cities when this kind of thing has been happening," CNN quoted her as saying.
Willits crossed the finish line at the Boston Marathon and texted Douglas who was waiting down the street at the bar at the Mandarin Oriental hotel.
"I`m on my way," Willits said.
Her friend, Stephanie Douglas was ready to celebrate.
Just then the first explosion took place, followed barely seconds later by a deafening roar that tore through the area.
"It was so strong the bar filled up with smoke and chairs tipped over," Douglas said.
"I saw people -- it was like they were on a trampoline literally flying through the air."
Outside, one man`s legs were blown off, but he kept trying to stand up.
"This has been a traumatic event," Willits said. "But I just feel like we can`t stop doing things that we enjoy doing, because then the terrorists win."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Security at Olympics "robust", says IOC chief
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS