`Boston blasts motivated by US wars in Iraq, Afghanistan`
Zee Media Bureau
Boston: In what reinforces the point of religious motive being behind Boston marathon blasts, the suspects were motivated by the wars waged by the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan, it has emerged.
As per a CNN report, a US government official said that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving suspect has told investigators that Iraq and Afghanistan wars were the driving force behind April 15 attack at Boston Marathon that killed three and injured more than 200.
Dzhokhar told investigators that they were self-radicalised via internet.
Tamerlan, 26, used to frequently visit extremist websites that spread propaganda and urge jihad no the US, including one site linked to a Yemen-based offshoot of Al Qaeda, the New York Daily News reported.
Dzhokhar is also said to have told investigators that he and his brother learned to make homemade pressure-cooker bombs from Inspire, an online magazine published by the Al Qaeda, another media report said.
Dzhokhar, who remains under guard in a Boston hospital, has been responding to investigators by scribbling notes as he can’t speak dur to a throat injury, and earlier told them that his elder brother, Tamerlan, 26, was the attacks’ mastermind as he "wanted to defend Islam from attack."
The teenager, who faces life imprisonment or even the death penalty after being charged for his role in the attack, has also told investigators the brothers received no financial support or assistance from any foreign group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH