`Boston blasts motivated by US wars in Iraq, Afghanistan`
Zee Media Bureau
Boston: In what reinforces the point of religious motive being behind Boston marathon blasts, the suspects were motivated by the wars waged by the United States in Iraq and Afghanistan, it has emerged.
As per a CNN report, a US government official said that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the surviving suspect has told investigators that Iraq and Afghanistan wars were the driving force behind April 15 attack at Boston Marathon that killed three and injured more than 200.
Dzhokhar told investigators that they were self-radicalised via internet.
Tamerlan, 26, used to frequently visit extremist websites that spread propaganda and urge jihad no the US, including one site linked to a Yemen-based offshoot of Al Qaeda, the New York Daily News reported.
Dzhokhar is also said to have told investigators that he and his brother learned to make homemade pressure-cooker bombs from Inspire, an online magazine published by the Al Qaeda, another media report said.
Dzhokhar, who remains under guard in a Boston hospital, has been responding to investigators by scribbling notes as he can’t speak dur to a throat injury, and earlier told them that his elder brother, Tamerlan, 26, was the attacks’ mastermind as he "wanted to defend Islam from attack."
The teenager, who faces life imprisonment or even the death penalty after being charged for his role in the attack, has also told investigators the brothers received no financial support or assistance from any foreign group.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Son of Kota Central jail prisoner clears IIT entrance exam
- Cabinet approves Act allowing malls, restaurants, theaters to stay open 24×7
- New framework that can predict terrorist attacks developed!
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Fire breaks out at Amritsar railway station; damages main server, other equipments
- Why Brexit is a harbinger of climate change?
- Bihar to use WhatsApp to repair bad roads
- Oops! People in Belarus are getting naked at work – See pics
- Gay, lesbian, bisexual don't come under third gender; give reservation to transgenders: SC to Centre