Boston blasts proved bomb-making within everyone`s reach: Al Qaeda
London: Al Qaeda`s affiliate in Yemen has said that the Boston Marathon blasts have revealed America`s fragile security and proved that making bombs was within "everyone`s reach".
Qassim al Rimi, the military chief of the group, urged Muslims in America to "carry on with this way" and defend their religion in an audio message posted online, reports Sky News.
In "A letter to the American people", Al Rimi said that the Boston events, and the poisoned letters sent to the White House, regardless of who is behind them, show that security is no longer under control, and that attacks have taken off and cannot be stopped.
The April 15 Boston blasts, which killed three people and wounded more than 260, are suspected to be carried out by two brothers - Dzhokhar (19) and Tamerlan Tsarnaev (26).
Tamerlan was killed in a shootout with police, while Dzhokhar was captured and taken into custody.
Al Rimi also said the killing of Al Qaeda`s founder Osama bin Laden in May 2011 and top Yemeni-American cleric Anwar al-Awlaki in September 2011, had not ended the struggle.
In his message, he also he encouraged the Muslims in the US to carry on with this way, to be steadfast in their religion, carry out their obligations, defend their religion and follow in the footsteps of those who supported their religion.
Three letters laced with ricin have been discovered in recent weeks, one addressed to US President Barack Obama, one to Republican Senator Roger Wicker of Mississippi and a third to a justice of the peace in the same US state, Sadie Holland.
Russian officials told US congressman William Keating this week that the attacks could have been prevented if US authorities had acted on their warnings. Keating said he was provided with details of how US intelligence agents were warned in 2010 that Tamerlan was preparing to join a terrorist cell in the southern Russian region of Dagestan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India