Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev vowed to die for Islam
Washington: Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev sent text messages to his mother in 2011 suggesting he was willing to die for Islam.
The revelation was made by the FBI who told lawmakers, according to two officials with knowledge of the Capitol Hill briefing.
According to Fox News, Tsarnaev, who was killed days after the April 15 bombing in a shootout with police, is said to have embraced radical Islam in recent years.
He had also recruited his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, to carry out the attack that killed three and wounded more than 180 near the finish line of the marathon.
Dzhokhar was caught alive but wounded on Friday and charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, for which he could get death penalty, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt