Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev vowed to die for Islam
Washington: Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev sent text messages to his mother in 2011 suggesting he was willing to die for Islam.
The revelation was made by the FBI who told lawmakers, according to two officials with knowledge of the Capitol Hill briefing.
According to Fox News, Tsarnaev, who was killed days after the April 15 bombing in a shootout with police, is said to have embraced radical Islam in recent years.
He had also recruited his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, to carry out the attack that killed three and wounded more than 180 near the finish line of the marathon.
Dzhokhar was caught alive but wounded on Friday and charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, for which he could get death penalty, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country