Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev vowed to die for Islam
Washington: Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev sent text messages to his mother in 2011 suggesting he was willing to die for Islam.
The revelation was made by the FBI who told lawmakers, according to two officials with knowledge of the Capitol Hill briefing.
According to Fox News, Tsarnaev, who was killed days after the April 15 bombing in a shootout with police, is said to have embraced radical Islam in recent years.
He had also recruited his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, to carry out the attack that killed three and wounded more than 180 near the finish line of the marathon.
Dzhokhar was caught alive but wounded on Friday and charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, for which he could get death penalty, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news