Boston bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev vowed to die for Islam
Washington: Boston Marathon bomber Tamerlan Tsarnaev sent text messages to his mother in 2011 suggesting he was willing to die for Islam.
The revelation was made by the FBI who told lawmakers, according to two officials with knowledge of the Capitol Hill briefing.
According to Fox News, Tsarnaev, who was killed days after the April 15 bombing in a shootout with police, is said to have embraced radical Islam in recent years.
He had also recruited his younger brother, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, to carry out the attack that killed three and wounded more than 180 near the finish line of the marathon.
Dzhokhar was caught alive but wounded on Friday and charged with using a weapon of mass destruction, for which he could get death penalty, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price