Boston bombings case: Judge rejects defence bid to photograph Tsarnaev
Boston: A judge has rejected a request from lawyers for Boston Marathon bombing suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev who want to take periodic photos of him in prison.
US Magistrate Judge Marianne Bowler on Friday said the prison where Tsarnaev is housed has a policy against visitors bringing cameras.
Tsarnaev`s lawyers argued the photos could provide evidence on the voluntariness of his statements and be used in an argument to mitigate his sentence.
The 19-year-old Tsarnaev is charged in the April 15 bombings that killed three people and injured more than 260.
The judge says prison officials may take photos of Tsarnaev, but the pictures would not be reserved only for his lawyers as they requested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH