Boston bombings: Obama holds Situation Room meeting
Washington: US President Barack Obama on Friday held a situation room meeting with his top national security team on the latest developments on investigations related to the twin bomb blast in Boston early this week.
Flanked by his top national security aid including the National Security Advisor Tom Donilon, the FBI Director Robert Mueller and the Attorney General Eric Holder, Obama also discussed the blast at a fertiliser plant and other shooting incident in Watertown Massachusetts, the White House said.
US Vice President Joe Biden was also present in the meeting.
"This morning`s briefing is a follow-up to the regular briefings that the President received through the night as he was routinely updated on the investigation," a White House official said.
Among others who were present at the meeting were his Chief of Staff Denis McDonough, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco, Deputy National Security Advisor Tony Blinken, Deputy Chief of Staff Alyssa Mastromonaco, Deputy National Security Advisor For Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes, Deputy Counsel to the President Avril Haines and National Security Advisor to the Vice President Jake Sullivan.
The Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, Secretary of State John Kerry and CIA Director John Brennan joined by video conference.
Obama continued to be briefed overnight on the Boston bombings early this week and the continued investigations in this regard.
"The President continued to be briefed overnight by Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism Lisa Monaco about developments in the investigation as well as the events in Boston and Watertown, MA," the White House said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea