Boston bombings suspects` trained to carry out attacks?
Washington: The Boston Marathon bombing suspects were trained in carrying out the attacks, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee has said.
Chairman Republican Michael McCaul also stated the FBI has launched an international investigation on the issue.
McCaul told `Fox News Sunday` that suspects Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev perhaps had help and that their mother played a `very strong role` in their radicalization process.
The Texas Republican joined a growing number of congressional Republicans who think the brothers had outside help or influence.
He said that they were trained, considering the devices` level of sophistication and type, shrapnel-packed, pressure-cooker bombs.
The bombs were also triggered by a remote detonator like those used in remote-control toys, US officials have said.
According to the report, US officials investigating the bombings have said they so far have no evidence of a wider plot, including training, direction or funding for the attacks.
McCaul said FBI agents are going to Russia and the surrounding region and just got a hold of a computer used by at least one of the suspects, who emigrated from southern Russia to the Boston area over the past 11 years, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border