Boston bombings: US in direct confrontation with evil, says Kerry
Washington: As his hometown being locked down by police amid tense manhunt for the Boston marathon bomber, Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday said that the US has been in direct confrontation with the evil this week.
"It`s fair to say that for this entire week we`ve been in a pretty direct confrontation with evil, and I want to congratulate and thank all the law enforcement authorities for the extraordinary job that they have been doing on behalf of our citizens," Kerry said in joint press availability with his Mexican counterpart.
Kerry, who hails from Boston, said, "this underscores the importance of all of us in maintaining vigilance and cooperating together internationally. That`s part of what we`re talking about here.
"Terror anywhere in the world against any country is unacceptable, and we need to continue to stand up and fight against it in the way that we are. It strengthens, actually, my resolve and my sense that we`re on the right track, but there`s more we can do and we`re going to continue to do it."
"US President Barack Obama has made this a critical component of his foreign policy, and obviously this just emphasizes that," Kerry said.
"In the past few days, we`ve seen the best and we`ve seen the worst of human behavior, and it`s the best that all of us really want to focus on. Like everyone, we`re going to keep watching, and we`ll await word from the law enforcement officers before commenting further," he said.
Kerry said at this point, law enforcement officers are carrying out an ongoing investigation.
"Frankly, they`re at some critical stages here, and it would just be entirely inappropriate for me to be commenting on the tick-tock around the larger issues outside of it," he said.
The important thing right now is the President has said "we`re going" to find those responsible and bring them to justice.
"We are part of the way there, and the president intends to finish that job," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing