Boston bombings: US in direct confrontation with evil, says Kerry
Washington: As his hometown being locked down by police amid tense manhunt for the Boston marathon bomber, Secretary of State John Kerry on Friday said that the US has been in direct confrontation with the evil this week.
"It`s fair to say that for this entire week we`ve been in a pretty direct confrontation with evil, and I want to congratulate and thank all the law enforcement authorities for the extraordinary job that they have been doing on behalf of our citizens," Kerry said in joint press availability with his Mexican counterpart.
Kerry, who hails from Boston, said, "this underscores the importance of all of us in maintaining vigilance and cooperating together internationally. That`s part of what we`re talking about here.
"Terror anywhere in the world against any country is unacceptable, and we need to continue to stand up and fight against it in the way that we are. It strengthens, actually, my resolve and my sense that we`re on the right track, but there`s more we can do and we`re going to continue to do it."
"US President Barack Obama has made this a critical component of his foreign policy, and obviously this just emphasizes that," Kerry said.
"In the past few days, we`ve seen the best and we`ve seen the worst of human behavior, and it`s the best that all of us really want to focus on. Like everyone, we`re going to keep watching, and we`ll await word from the law enforcement officers before commenting further," he said.
Kerry said at this point, law enforcement officers are carrying out an ongoing investigation.
"Frankly, they`re at some critical stages here, and it would just be entirely inappropriate for me to be commenting on the tick-tock around the larger issues outside of it," he said.
The important thing right now is the President has said "we`re going" to find those responsible and bring them to justice.
"We are part of the way there, and the president intends to finish that job," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India