Boston man imprisoned for life in neighbour killing
Boston: A man has been found guilty of raping and killing a neighbour who moved from the Dominican Republic to seek medical care for her 1-year-old son.
Eldrick Broom has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
A jury yesterday convicted Broom of murder and aggravated rape in the Nov 21 death of Rosanna Camilo, the daughter of Dominican radio personality Ruben Camilo.
The 29-year-old Broom and the 34-year-old Camilo lived in an apartment complex in Boston`s Mattapan neighbourhood. Camilo was a married mother of three children.
Prosecutors say Broom entered her apartment, sexually assaulted her and strangled her with a power cord. Her 16-year-old daughter found her body.
Broom`s attorney says he`s disappointed and will appeal the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Clerics issue fatwa, make transgender marriage lawful in Pakistan
- Oil prices fall as Brexit lingers, refined products glut looms
- This Shiva temple in Pune built by Peshwa Nanasaheb is unique – Details inside
- Brexit consequence: British thaali may give Indian lady's finger a miss
- Ajay Devgn to star in Rohit Shetty's 'Golmaal 4'! Details inside