Boston man imprisoned for life in neighbour killing
Boston: A man has been found guilty of raping and killing a neighbour who moved from the Dominican Republic to seek medical care for her 1-year-old son.
Eldrick Broom has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
A jury yesterday convicted Broom of murder and aggravated rape in the Nov 21 death of Rosanna Camilo, the daughter of Dominican radio personality Ruben Camilo.
The 29-year-old Broom and the 34-year-old Camilo lived in an apartment complex in Boston`s Mattapan neighbourhood. Camilo was a married mother of three children.
Prosecutors say Broom entered her apartment, sexually assaulted her and strangled her with a power cord. Her 16-year-old daughter found her body.
Broom`s attorney says he`s disappointed and will appeal the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...