Boston man imprisoned for life in neighbour killing
Boston: A man has been found guilty of raping and killing a neighbour who moved from the Dominican Republic to seek medical care for her 1-year-old son.
Eldrick Broom has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
A jury yesterday convicted Broom of murder and aggravated rape in the Nov 21 death of Rosanna Camilo, the daughter of Dominican radio personality Ruben Camilo.
The 29-year-old Broom and the 34-year-old Camilo lived in an apartment complex in Boston`s Mattapan neighbourhood. Camilo was a married mother of three children.
Prosecutors say Broom entered her apartment, sexually assaulted her and strangled her with a power cord. Her 16-year-old daughter found her body.
Broom`s attorney says he`s disappointed and will appeal the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez