Boston man imprisoned for life in neighbour killing
Boston: A man has been found guilty of raping and killing a neighbour who moved from the Dominican Republic to seek medical care for her 1-year-old son.
Eldrick Broom has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
A jury yesterday convicted Broom of murder and aggravated rape in the Nov 21 death of Rosanna Camilo, the daughter of Dominican radio personality Ruben Camilo.
The 29-year-old Broom and the 34-year-old Camilo lived in an apartment complex in Boston`s Mattapan neighbourhood. Camilo was a married mother of three children.
Prosecutors say Broom entered her apartment, sexually assaulted her and strangled her with a power cord. Her 16-year-old daughter found her body.
Broom`s attorney says he`s disappointed and will appeal the verdict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city