Boston marathon blasts: London Marathon`s security to be reviewed
London: Security for London Marathon that will be held on Sunday will be reviewed after two fatal explosions at the Boston Marathon, officials have said.
At least three people were killed and more than 100 injured in the blasts near the finish on Monday`s event.
The London Marathon said its `detailed security plans` would be reassessed with the police in light of events.
According to the BBC, the Metropolitan Police said these plans were extensive and that it was a very different event.
The Met Police`s Ch Supt Julia Pendry, the commander in charge of policing the London Marathon, said that a security plan is in place. They will be reviewing the security arrangements in partnership with London Marathon.
Organisers of the London Marathon moved quickly to announce a full review of security following the tragic events in Boston.
A total of 36,000 runners, including the double Olympic champion Mo Farah are due to take part in the race from Greenwich Park to the Mall, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened