Boston marathon blasts: London Marathon`s security to be reviewed
London: Security for London Marathon that will be held on Sunday will be reviewed after two fatal explosions at the Boston Marathon, officials have said.
At least three people were killed and more than 100 injured in the blasts near the finish on Monday`s event.
The London Marathon said its `detailed security plans` would be reassessed with the police in light of events.
According to the BBC, the Metropolitan Police said these plans were extensive and that it was a very different event.
The Met Police`s Ch Supt Julia Pendry, the commander in charge of policing the London Marathon, said that a security plan is in place. They will be reviewing the security arrangements in partnership with London Marathon.
Organisers of the London Marathon moved quickly to announce a full review of security following the tragic events in Boston.
A total of 36,000 runners, including the double Olympic champion Mo Farah are due to take part in the race from Greenwich Park to the Mall, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony