Boston marathon blasts: London Marathon`s security to be reviewed
London: Security for London Marathon that will be held on Sunday will be reviewed after two fatal explosions at the Boston Marathon, officials have said.
At least three people were killed and more than 100 injured in the blasts near the finish on Monday`s event.
The London Marathon said its `detailed security plans` would be reassessed with the police in light of events.
According to the BBC, the Metropolitan Police said these plans were extensive and that it was a very different event.
The Met Police`s Ch Supt Julia Pendry, the commander in charge of policing the London Marathon, said that a security plan is in place. They will be reviewing the security arrangements in partnership with London Marathon.
Organisers of the London Marathon moved quickly to announce a full review of security following the tragic events in Boston.
A total of 36,000 runners, including the double Olympic champion Mo Farah are due to take part in the race from Greenwich Park to the Mall, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note