Boston Marathon bombing suspects `had no gun licences`
Washington: The suspects of Boston Marathon bombing, which killed three people and wounded over 180, weren`t licensed to own guns.
Massachusetts police said they had not issued a gun license to 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died after the firefight.
The police departments in both Cambridge and Dartmouth said they didn`t issue 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev a firearms identification card, which would`ve allowed him to own rifles holding less than 10 rounds and shotguns.
Dzhokhar, who is under 21, wasn`t eligible for a regular handgun license, Politico reports.
During their rampage on Thursday, the two brothers had pistols, at least one rifle and several explosive devices, authorities said.
The pair shot and killed an MIT police officer, Sean Collier, and committed a carjacking before entering the firefight with police.
A transit police officer was wounded in the exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Trinamool Congress activist was part of Pak ISI spy ring?
- Bigg Boss: When Kriti Sanon played Aishwarya Rai’s part to romance Salman Khan
- SP leader Azam Khan stirs fresh controversy, says RSS leaders are homosexuals
- WATCH: Pakistan vs England, 3rd T20: Complete highlights