Boston Marathon bombing suspects `had no gun licences`
Washington: The suspects of Boston Marathon bombing, which killed three people and wounded over 180, weren`t licensed to own guns.
Massachusetts police said they had not issued a gun license to 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died after the firefight.
The police departments in both Cambridge and Dartmouth said they didn`t issue 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev a firearms identification card, which would`ve allowed him to own rifles holding less than 10 rounds and shotguns.
Dzhokhar, who is under 21, wasn`t eligible for a regular handgun license, Politico reports.
During their rampage on Thursday, the two brothers had pistols, at least one rifle and several explosive devices, authorities said.
The pair shot and killed an MIT police officer, Sean Collier, and committed a carjacking before entering the firefight with police.
A transit police officer was wounded in the exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH