Boston Marathon bombing suspects `had no gun licences`
Washington: The suspects of Boston Marathon bombing, which killed three people and wounded over 180, weren`t licensed to own guns.
Massachusetts police said they had not issued a gun license to 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, who died after the firefight.
The police departments in both Cambridge and Dartmouth said they didn`t issue 19-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev a firearms identification card, which would`ve allowed him to own rifles holding less than 10 rounds and shotguns.
Dzhokhar, who is under 21, wasn`t eligible for a regular handgun license, Politico reports.
During their rampage on Thursday, the two brothers had pistols, at least one rifle and several explosive devices, authorities said.
The pair shot and killed an MIT police officer, Sean Collier, and committed a carjacking before entering the firefight with police.
A transit police officer was wounded in the exchange.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you