Boston Marathon bombing suspects `planned more attacks`
Zee Media Bureau
Boston: Dzhokhar and Tamerlan Tsarnaev, the brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon, were probably planning more attacks, the city`s police commissioner said on Sunday.
According to Boston Police commissioner Ed Davis, the Tsarnaev brothers had been carrying homemade bombs and grenades which they lobbed at police when cornered, the BBC reported.
The amount of explosives police found suggested that the duo "were going to attack other individuals”, Davis told CBS` Face The Nation.
Meanwhile, with the hospitalised Boston bombing suspect unable to speak, attention shifted on Sunday to his dead brother, who may have been radicalised or even trained in the Caucasus last year.
US lawmakers questioned why Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, killed in a shootout, did not raise more red flags despite being questioned at the request of a foreign government in 2011 and spending six months in the volatile region in 2012.
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19, meanwhile remained in a heavily-guarded hospital, reportedly unable to speak because of a throat wound suffered in the violent chase that shut down Boston for most of the day Friday.
The FBI would only say Sunday that he was still in "serious condition”.
The Tsarnaev brothers are the main suspects in the double bomb attack on the Boston marathon which killed three people and wounded about 180. A policeman was killed and another was seriously wounded in a shootout with the suspects.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?