Boston marathon bombings: China`s victim family remembers
Beijing: The family of a Chinese woman killed in the Boston Marathon bombings says it was her dream to study in the United States, and she fell in love with Boston, where she was a graduate student.
In a statement posted on the website of Boston University, the family of 23-year-old Lu Lingzi expressed their grief and called their child "the joy of our lives."
The family, from the city of Shenyang in China`s northeast, initially requested privacy and did not want Lu`s name released in the first hours after she was declared dead in the bombings on Monday that killed two others and injured more than 170 people.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the parents and two other relatives are leaving Beijing on Friday evening for Boston.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days