Boston marathon bombings: China`s victim family remembers
Beijing: The family of a Chinese woman killed in the Boston Marathon bombings says it was her dream to study in the United States, and she fell in love with Boston, where she was a graduate student.
In a statement posted on the website of Boston University, the family of 23-year-old Lu Lingzi expressed their grief and called their child "the joy of our lives."
The family, from the city of Shenyang in China`s northeast, initially requested privacy and did not want Lu`s name released in the first hours after she was declared dead in the bombings on Monday that killed two others and injured more than 170 people.
The official Xinhua News Agency says the parents and two other relatives are leaving Beijing on Friday evening for Boston.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing