Boston marathon bombings: One suspect dead, hunt on for second
Zee Media Bureau
Boston: Reports emanating from the United States say one of the Boston marathon bombing suspects captured on Friday is dead, while the police are chasing a second in a wild, deadly manhunt near the US city.
One police officer was also shot dead and a second wounded in the dramatic nighttime operation, authorities said.
One suspect was caught in Watertown near Boston after a chase in which explosives and gunfire were heard, the Boston Globe reported. Police officials later said the suspect had died.
Special police forces sealed off much of the town as they hunted the second man, the newspaper and other media said.
The authorities made no comment on whether there was a link between the manhunt and Monday`s bombing in which three people were killed and about 180 injured.
But the operation came only hours after the Federal Bureau of Investigation released photos of the suspects they believe planted the bombs.
A robbery at a gas station was followed by the killing of a police officer on the campus of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and a car chase to Watertown, media reports said.
A second police officer was wounded in a gunfight in the town, they added.
(With AFP inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists