Boston suspect texted `LoL` when warned by friend: FBI
Boston: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the lone surviving Chechen-origin Boston bombings suspect, texted `LOL` in a chilling response to a message from his friend who warned him that police was on the lookout for him.
When the alleged Boston Marathon bomber was told by one of his friends that he resembled one of the suspects in the widely released surveillance video, he sent a chilling response, "Lol, you better not text me," an affidavit unsealed yesterday said.
The brief interaction between bombing suspect Dzhokhar, 19, and his friend Dias Kadyrbayev occurred three days after the April 15 bombing, the affidavit was quoted by Fox News as saying.
Kadyrbayev was among the three teenage college friends of Dzhokhar who tried to save him although they knew that he was involved in the terrorist attack, with two of them destroying his key belongings and the third lying to the police.
But little did they knew that their effort would land them in jail for helping someone who is suspected of two bomb blasts in Boston that killed three people and injured more than 250 others on April 15, in one of the worst terrorist attack in the US post 9/11.
The FBI yesterday arrested and charged Kadyrbayev, and Azamat Tazhayakov, both of New Bedford in Massachusetts, of trying to destroy the key evidences, a laptop computer and a backpack containing fireworks.
A third, Robel Phillipos, is charged with making false statements to officials.
Dzhokhar also texted Kadyrbayev to say, "Come to my room and take whatever you want," according to the affidavit.
"Kadyrbayev knew when he saw the empty fireworks that Tsarnaev was involved in the marathon bombing," the affidavit said.
"Kadyrbayev decided to remove the backpack from the room in order to help his friend Tsarnaev avoid trouble," it said.
The exchange came just a few hours before Dzhokhar and his brother Tamerlan would carjack a Chinese immigrant, murder an MIT police officer and engage in a wild shootout with police through the streets of Cambridge and Watertown, police say.
26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev died on April 19 in a shootout, hours after authorities showed the brothers on surveillance video and named them as suspects.
Documents based on interviews with the young men also revealed that Dzhokhar allegedly dropped sinister hints before the attack, telling his friends a month before that he had learned how to make a bomb.
However, it wasn`t until the FBI released a surveillance photo of the suspects that the friends realised Dzhokhar may have been involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- Shocking! 7 veg food items that may actually be non veg
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Say hello to 'nastiest' star ever
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy