Boston suspects` mom `person of interest` in radicalising sons
Washington: The mother of Boston Marathon bombing suspects is a `person of interest` to federal authorities who are investigating if she had radicalised one or both of her sons, US lawmakers have said.
At the same time a separate report said she was on a federal terrorism database some 18 months before the attack.
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva was added to the classified intelligence database known by the acronym TIDE at the CIA`s request, Fox news reports.
Two key lawmakers said authorities now want to know if she helped put her son, who died a week ago following a shootout with police in Massachusetts, on the road to radicalism.
According to the report, Dutch Ruppersberger, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told reporters that she is a person of interest to see if she helped radicalize her son, or had contacts with other people or other terrorist groups.
Tsarnaeva was put on the database after Russia told the CIA the mother and son were religious militants preparing to travel to Russia.
Zubeidat said she was not planning to travel to the US in the wake of one son`s death and the other`s arrest, though her ex-husband was planning to, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says