Boston suspects` mom `person of interest` in radicalising sons
Washington: The mother of Boston Marathon bombing suspects is a `person of interest` to federal authorities who are investigating if she had radicalised one or both of her sons, US lawmakers have said.
At the same time a separate report said she was on a federal terrorism database some 18 months before the attack.
Zubeidat Tsarnaeva was added to the classified intelligence database known by the acronym TIDE at the CIA`s request, Fox news reports.
Two key lawmakers said authorities now want to know if she helped put her son, who died a week ago following a shootout with police in Massachusetts, on the road to radicalism.
According to the report, Dutch Ruppersberger, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told reporters that she is a person of interest to see if she helped radicalize her son, or had contacts with other people or other terrorist groups.
Tsarnaeva was put on the database after Russia told the CIA the mother and son were religious militants preparing to travel to Russia.
Zubeidat said she was not planning to travel to the US in the wake of one son`s death and the other`s arrest, though her ex-husband was planning to, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?