Both Bush to miss Obama inauguration
Washington: Former US president George W. Bush will skip Barack Obama`s inauguration Monday citing health problems of his father, ex-president George H.W. Bush.
ABC News reported that George H.W. Bush, 88, has been fighting with health problems and was just recently released from a hospital after spending weeks recovering from bronchitis.
"President and Mrs. Bush wish President Obama and his family all the best for a wonderful inaugural weekend," ABC News quoted a spokesman from the younger Bush`s office as saying.
All former US presidents traditionally attend presidential inaugurations.
This year as both Bush, who are both Republicans, are not attending, Obama`s inauguration will be purely Democratic with Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter sharing the solemn event with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video