Both Bush to miss Obama inauguration
Washington: Former US president George W. Bush will skip Barack Obama`s inauguration Monday citing health problems of his father, ex-president George H.W. Bush.
ABC News reported that George H.W. Bush, 88, has been fighting with health problems and was just recently released from a hospital after spending weeks recovering from bronchitis.
"President and Mrs. Bush wish President Obama and his family all the best for a wonderful inaugural weekend," ABC News quoted a spokesman from the younger Bush`s office as saying.
All former US presidents traditionally attend presidential inaugurations.
This year as both Bush, who are both Republicans, are not attending, Obama`s inauguration will be purely Democratic with Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter sharing the solemn event with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him