Both Bush to miss Obama inauguration
Washington: Former US president George W. Bush will skip Barack Obama`s inauguration Monday citing health problems of his father, ex-president George H.W. Bush.
ABC News reported that George H.W. Bush, 88, has been fighting with health problems and was just recently released from a hospital after spending weeks recovering from bronchitis.
"President and Mrs. Bush wish President Obama and his family all the best for a wonderful inaugural weekend," ABC News quoted a spokesman from the younger Bush`s office as saying.
All former US presidents traditionally attend presidential inaugurations.
This year as both Bush, who are both Republicans, are not attending, Obama`s inauguration will be purely Democratic with Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter sharing the solemn event with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested