Both Bush to miss Obama inauguration
Washington: Former US president George W. Bush will skip Barack Obama`s inauguration Monday citing health problems of his father, ex-president George H.W. Bush.
ABC News reported that George H.W. Bush, 88, has been fighting with health problems and was just recently released from a hospital after spending weeks recovering from bronchitis.
"President and Mrs. Bush wish President Obama and his family all the best for a wonderful inaugural weekend," ABC News quoted a spokesman from the younger Bush`s office as saying.
All former US presidents traditionally attend presidential inaugurations.
This year as both Bush, who are both Republicans, are not attending, Obama`s inauguration will be purely Democratic with Bill Clinton and Jimmy Carter sharing the solemn event with him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Actor Irrfan Khan stirs controversy over statement on Ramadan rituals
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution?
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part II
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part III
- Is triple divorce system an infringement of the Indian Constitution? - Part IV
- World Bank chief meets PM Modi, promises support to sustainable development
- World Cup winning coach Luiz Felipe Scolari wants to succeed Roy Hodgson as new England manager
- Another jolt to BSP, senior party leader RK Chaudhary also accuses Mayawati of auctioning election ticket
- Gold price up Rs 100 at Rs 30,350 per ten grams; silver tops Rs 43k level
- Vadra should be prosecuted for alleged suicide, if it was assisted, of his father: Subramanian Swamy