Both French agents are free: Somali Minister
Mogadishu: Both French intelligence agents
kidnapped in Mogadishu last month have been freed and they are
in good health, Somali Information Minister Dahir Mohamud Gele
"The reason I am holding this press conference is to
confirm to you that the French hostages are in the hands of
the government. They are safe and in good health," he told
reporters in the Somali capital Mogadishu.
He refused to elaborate on the circumstances of the
release, saying more details would be made available later.
The pair was seized from a hotel in Mogadishu on July 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach