Both French agents are free: Somali Minister
Mogadishu: Both French intelligence agents
kidnapped in Mogadishu last month have been freed and they are
in good health, Somali Information Minister Dahir Mohamud Gele
"The reason I am holding this press conference is to
confirm to you that the French hostages are in the hands of
the government. They are safe and in good health," he told
reporters in the Somali capital Mogadishu.
He refused to elaborate on the circumstances of the
release, saying more details would be made available later.
The pair was seized from a hotel in Mogadishu on July 14.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress