Boy declared pregnant, sues Kazakh medics
Moscow: A male pregnancy is definitely a medical sensation grabbing headlines worldwide. A 15-year-old Kazakh boy was recently declared pregnant, given a handful of erroneous medical prescriptions and a bill for 50,000 tenge ($330).
Of course, Baizhan Aldashev was never really pregnant.
But the boy was pronounced "with child" at a hospital in Aktobe city, where he was treated for kidney problems.
The teenager was discharged with a medical prescription that listed pregnancy among his health issues.
The prescription was a mistake by an overworked doctor, not a medical discovery of the millennium, the hospital`s director explained.
But the confused teenager still took the prescribed medication for a while, which, his family claimed, gave him a severe allergy while doing nothing to alleviate kidney problems.
The Aldashevs sued the hospital for 10 million tenge ($66,000), but the court slashed the sum upon reviewing the case.
"We will appeal, most likely. Fifty thousand - that`s ridiculous, you know," a family representative said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next