Boy killed, 23 injured in Mexican church collapse
Mexico City: A boy died while 23 injured in Mexico`s northeastern state of Nuevo Leon Sunday when an under construction church collapsed following days of heavy rains, an official said.
According to Rodolfo Ambriz, mayor of Benito Juarez municipality, where Santa Clara de Asis church is located, the accident occurred Sunday morning at around 10 a.m. , Xinhua reported.
Rescue workers from the local Civil Protection Office and the Red Cross arrived at the accident site to rescue the people trapped under the debris.
The preliminary investigations indicated the collapse was caused due to the torrential rains affecting several regions in Mexico in the last few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam