Boy killed, 23 injured in Mexican church collapse
Mexico City: A boy died while 23 injured in Mexico`s northeastern state of Nuevo Leon Sunday when an under construction church collapsed following days of heavy rains, an official said.
According to Rodolfo Ambriz, mayor of Benito Juarez municipality, where Santa Clara de Asis church is located, the accident occurred Sunday morning at around 10 a.m. , Xinhua reported.
Rescue workers from the local Civil Protection Office and the Red Cross arrived at the accident site to rescue the people trapped under the debris.
The preliminary investigations indicated the collapse was caused due to the torrential rains affecting several regions in Mexico in the last few weeks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`