Boycott companies in Israel settlements: UN expert
New York: The UN special investigator on human rights in the Palestinian territories is calling for a boycott of all companies that have dealings with Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem until they adhere to international human rights standards and practices.
In a report to the General Assembly on Thursday, Richard Falk alleged that a number of Israeli-owned and multinational corporations headquartered in the US, Europe and Mexico appear to be violating international human rights and humanitarian laws, including by exploiting Palestinian resources and helping Israel construct and provide security for illegal settlements.
He said further investigations will be made to determine whether the allegations are well founded.
Falk called on Israel to begin dismantling settlements and inform businesses with links to settlements of the legal ramifications of their operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player