Boycott companies in Israel settlements: UN expert
New York: The UN special investigator on human rights in the Palestinian territories is calling for a boycott of all companies that have dealings with Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem until they adhere to international human rights standards and practices.
In a report to the General Assembly on Thursday, Richard Falk alleged that a number of Israeli-owned and multinational corporations headquartered in the US, Europe and Mexico appear to be violating international human rights and humanitarian laws, including by exploiting Palestinian resources and helping Israel construct and provide security for illegal settlements.
He said further investigations will be made to determine whether the allegations are well founded.
Falk called on Israel to begin dismantling settlements and inform businesses with links to settlements of the legal ramifications of their operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29