BPCL inks deals to import crude oil from Kuwait, UAE
New Delhi: State-owned Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) has signed contracts to import over 7 million tonnes of crude oil from Kuwait and the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
BPCL, the nation`s second biggest state refiner, signed term contracts for import of crude oil with Kuwait Petroleum Corp (KPC) and Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (ADNOC) during a visit of high-level delegation led by company Chairman S Varadarajan.
The company and its subsidiary Bharat Oman Refineries Ltd "signed the contract to import 4.2 million tonnes of crude oil from Kuwait in 2014-15. BPCL would also be importing 3 million tonnes of ADNOC grades of crude oil for 2014-15," BPCL said in a statement today.
S C Khuntia, Additional Secretary & Financial Advisor, Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas; B K Datta, Director (Refineries), BPCL and B K Das, Managing Director, BORL, were part of the delegation that visited Kuwait and the UAE.
The delegation was in Kuwait and the UAE "for signing of term contracts, to strengthen business relationship with national oil companies of Kuwait and Abu Dhabi and to discuss further on the term contract for assuring continuous crude oil supplies to (BPCL`s) Mumbai, and Kochi (refineries) and BORL`s Bina refinery."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH