Brahimi discusses with Syria`s Assad ways to end crisis
Damascus: The UN-Arab League joint special envoy to Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, said here Monday that he discussed ways of ending the Syrian crisis with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, as well as his own vision of the solution, stopping short of giving details on his new plan.
"We have discussed the steps that could be undertaken in the future," Brahimi said after arriving at the Sheraton hotel in Syria`s capital Damascus after meeting with Assad on Monday.
The veteran diplomat said he also discussed with Assad "the steps that I see to be undertaken to exit this crisis."
However, Brahimi declined to divulge details about his new vision to end the crisis, but said the situation in Syria is still worrying.
Commenting on the recent rumors that President Assad didn`t want to meet with Brahimi or delayed to accept his visit, the Algerian troubleshooter dismissed the rumors as totally unfounded.
Brahimi arrived in Syria on Sunday for meeting with government officials and opposition parties. He is expected to meet with Syrian Foreign Minister Walid al-Moallem on Tuesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today