Brazil baby thought to be dead cries before burial
Sao Paulo: Brazilian police say a newborn
girl was saved from being buried alive when she started crying
at a funeral home where she had been taken after doctors
declared her dead.
A police statement says that the 14-year-old mother
was seven months pregnant when she gave birth yesterday at the
Santa Casa de Misericordia hospital in the city of Araxa.
Police say the hospital reported that the baby died
moments after being born. The body was sent to a funeral home
and as the undertaker was preparing it for burial, the girl
The baby was rushed back to the hospital and placed in
an intensive care unit.
The hospital confirms the incident but gives no
details. Neither police nor the hospital released names of the
mother or child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test