Brazil baby thought to be dead cries before burial
Sao Paulo: Brazilian police say a newborn
girl was saved from being buried alive when she started crying
at a funeral home where she had been taken after doctors
declared her dead.
A police statement says that the 14-year-old mother
was seven months pregnant when she gave birth yesterday at the
Santa Casa de Misericordia hospital in the city of Araxa.
Police say the hospital reported that the baby died
moments after being born. The body was sent to a funeral home
and as the undertaker was preparing it for burial, the girl
The baby was rushed back to the hospital and placed in
an intensive care unit.
The hospital confirms the incident but gives no
details. Neither police nor the hospital released names of the
mother or child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?