Brazil flood death toll could top 1,000: Authorities
Rio de Janeiro: The number of people killed
in a flooding disaster near Rio de Janeiro last week could top
1,000, according to official figures released today showing
400 people still missing.
The latest confirmed toll of recovered bodies from the
flash floods and mudslides that struck the Serrana mountain
region near Rio on January 12 stood at 759.
Most of the 400 people reported missing were presumed
dead, as emergency workers and soldiers continued to dig
through mud and debris looking for more bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH