Brazil flood death toll could top 1,000: Authorities
Rio de Janeiro: The number of people killed
in a flooding disaster near Rio de Janeiro last week could top
1,000, according to official figures released today showing
400 people still missing.
The latest confirmed toll of recovered bodies from the
flash floods and mudslides that struck the Serrana mountain
region near Rio on January 12 stood at 759.
Most of the 400 people reported missing were presumed
dead, as emergency workers and soldiers continued to dig
through mud and debris looking for more bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred