Brazil flood death toll could top 1,000: Authorities
Rio de Janeiro: The number of people killed
in a flooding disaster near Rio de Janeiro last week could top
1,000, according to official figures released today showing
400 people still missing.
The latest confirmed toll of recovered bodies from the
flash floods and mudslides that struck the Serrana mountain
region near Rio on January 12 stood at 759.
Most of the 400 people reported missing were presumed
dead, as emergency workers and soldiers continued to dig
through mud and debris looking for more bodies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city