Brazil flooding death toll rises to 20
Sao Paulo: The death toll from last weekend`s flash flooding in the southern Brazilian town of Itaoca has risen to 20, with six people still missing, authorities said .
Sao Paulo state`s Civil Defence Department updated the earlier toll of 12 dead.
Some 332 people - or about 10 per cent of the town`s population - were left homeless by overflowing waters from the Palmital River following torrential downpours.
Four people were injured and some 100 homes damaged.
A bridge providing access to Itaoca, located 340 kilometres southwest of Sao Paulo, was also destroyed and state authorities yesterday pledged to rebuild it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read