Brazil flooding death toll rises to 20
Sao Paulo: The death toll from last weekend`s flash flooding in the southern Brazilian town of Itaoca has risen to 20, with six people still missing, authorities said .
Sao Paulo state`s Civil Defence Department updated the earlier toll of 12 dead.
Some 332 people - or about 10 per cent of the town`s population - were left homeless by overflowing waters from the Palmital River following torrential downpours.
Four people were injured and some 100 homes damaged.
A bridge providing access to Itaoca, located 340 kilometres southwest of Sao Paulo, was also destroyed and state authorities yesterday pledged to rebuild it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda