Brazil flooding death toll rises to 20
Sao Paulo: The death toll from last weekend`s flash flooding in the southern Brazilian town of Itaoca has risen to 20, with six people still missing, authorities said .
Sao Paulo state`s Civil Defence Department updated the earlier toll of 12 dead.
Some 332 people - or about 10 per cent of the town`s population - were left homeless by overflowing waters from the Palmital River following torrential downpours.
Four people were injured and some 100 homes damaged.
A bridge providing access to Itaoca, located 340 kilometres southwest of Sao Paulo, was also destroyed and state authorities yesterday pledged to rebuild it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Pratyusha Banerjee’s boyfriend Rahul Raj Singh has moved on already! Here's proof
- Last rites of martyred CRPF inspector performed in Thiruvananthapuram
- ‘Sasural Simar Ka’ heroine Dipika Kakar admits to being in love with her co-star – Details inside
- Congress condemns Punjab Health Minister's 'shameful' remark on drugs
- Court relaxes bail conditions of accused in Suraj Parmar suicide case