Brazil investigates threats against new President
Sao Paulo: The office of Brazil`s attorney general says it is analysing a series of messages posted on Twitter calling for the death of President Dilma Rousseff.
A spokeswoman at the office says most the messages were posted on December 31, the day Rousseff was inaugurated.
She says the origin and content of the threats are being analysed to determine if a full investigation is warranted. She declined to be identified in line with internal regulations.
She said on Tuesday that did not know how many messages calling for Rousseff`s death had been sent.
One of the phrases posted on Twitter in portuguese read: "Now is the time to shoot Dilma, the same way they shot JFK."
Another said a sniper should shoot her and her vice-president in the head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor