Brazil investigates threats against new President
Sao Paulo: The office of Brazil`s attorney general says it is analysing a series of messages posted on Twitter calling for the death of President Dilma Rousseff.
A spokeswoman at the office says most the messages were posted on December 31, the day Rousseff was inaugurated.
She says the origin and content of the threats are being analysed to determine if a full investigation is warranted. She declined to be identified in line with internal regulations.
She said on Tuesday that did not know how many messages calling for Rousseff`s death had been sent.
One of the phrases posted on Twitter in portuguese read: "Now is the time to shoot Dilma, the same way they shot JFK."
Another said a sniper should shoot her and her vice-president in the head.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources