Brazil police mistake Bible for gun and kill man
Sao Paulo: Law enforcement officials say a police officer in southeastern Brazil shot and killed a garbage collector after mistaking the Bible he was carrying for a gun.
State Police Major Mauricio Jose Raimundo today told reporters that Antonio Marcos dos Santos was stopped by police as he was heading to church in the city of Avare.
When he raised his hands a police officer saw a bulge in his pocket and thinking it was a weapon opened fire.
The police officer will remain in detention pending the outcome of an investigation.
The incident occurred Wednesday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM