Brazil: Politician, TV host hit each other during show
Brasilia: A senatorial candidate in Brazil and a television show host got into a fight and punched and kicked each other when the politician became irritated with the journalist`s questions.
Former Congressman Joao Correia, who is running for a Senate seat from Acre state on a Brazilian Democratic Movement Party ticket, was being interviewed on TV5 by journalist Demostenes Nascimento when the fight started.
Correia became irritated at Nascimento`s line of questioning and a heated argument started, prompting the show`s director to go on a commercial break.
The exchange of insults continued during the break, then the candidate and the reporter began punching and kicking each other.
Viewers, however, did not get to see the fight.
Nascimento appeared alone on air after a few minutes and said the show was being interrupted because he had been "assaulted" both "morally and physically".
The host later filed a complaint against Correia with police.
Brazil will go to polls on October 03 to elect a new president, governors of 27 states and 513 members of the lower house of Congress, as well as two-thirds of the Senate and all state legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- England vs Pakistan, 1st ODI: Pak Innings — As it happened...
- World's largest aircraft, Airlander 10, crashes during 2nd test flight - Watch
- Reliance Jio gets aggressive; partners Samsung, Micromax and others for free voice, data service
- Zeta eases retail payment further with NFC-enabled super tag
- UP polls: Congress main agenda is fighting corruption, not political parties: Raj Babbar