Brazil: Politician, TV host hit each other during show
Brasilia: A senatorial candidate in Brazil and a television show host got into a fight and punched and kicked each other when the politician became irritated with the journalist`s questions.
Former Congressman Joao Correia, who is running for a Senate seat from Acre state on a Brazilian Democratic Movement Party ticket, was being interviewed on TV5 by journalist Demostenes Nascimento when the fight started.
Correia became irritated at Nascimento`s line of questioning and a heated argument started, prompting the show`s director to go on a commercial break.
The exchange of insults continued during the break, then the candidate and the reporter began punching and kicking each other.
Viewers, however, did not get to see the fight.
Nascimento appeared alone on air after a few minutes and said the show was being interrupted because he had been "assaulted" both "morally and physically".
The host later filed a complaint against Correia with police.
Brazil will go to polls on October 03 to elect a new president, governors of 27 states and 513 members of the lower house of Congress, as well as two-thirds of the Senate and all state legislators.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH