Brazil rains: 8,000 left homeless
Brasilia: Rains that battered Brazil`s southern coast in the past week have left 8,000 people homeless and vast areas without electricity and potable water, officials said.
The state of Parana has been most affected, with people facing water and electricity shortages, emergency management officials said in a report.
Mudslides caused by heavy downpour blocked some national highways, and firefighters were working to restore the flow of traffic.
One person buried in a rain-triggered mudslide in Parana has been the lone fatality so far in the state, but authorities said the number could rise.
In Rio Grande do Sul state, bordering Parana, eight people have died in floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack