Brazil rains: 8,000 left homeless
Brasilia: Rains that battered Brazil`s southern coast in the past week have left 8,000 people homeless and vast areas without electricity and potable water, officials said.
The state of Parana has been most affected, with people facing water and electricity shortages, emergency management officials said in a report.
Mudslides caused by heavy downpour blocked some national highways, and firefighters were working to restore the flow of traffic.
One person buried in a rain-triggered mudslide in Parana has been the lone fatality so far in the state, but authorities said the number could rise.
In Rio Grande do Sul state, bordering Parana, eight people have died in floods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey