Brazil teachers` protest for better pay turns violent
Zee Media Bureau
Rio De Janeiro: The protest in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo reportedly turned violent as thousands of people demonstrated demanding better pay for the teachers.
The protest was peaceful at first but later turned violent as some protestors threw firebombs. The Brazilian police then tried to control the crowd with the help of tear gas, as per a BBC news report.
There were reports of clashes between protestors and police in Sao Paulo as well as the demonstrators looted several banks and tried to break into several ATMs as well.
Buildings were damaged, a bus was torched and bank furniture was used by the violent protestors in a standoff with the police, as per report.
The teachers have been protesting from the past two months as they are demanding a better pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Romantic Italian vacation! Love is in the air for Ruslaan Mumtaz and Nirali – See pics
- Bombay High Court quashes FIR against Sussanne Khan
- US asks Pakistan not to discriminate among terrorists
- CMs to make presentation on their ambitious schemes in BJP meet today
- Chilli-based PAVA shells may replace pellet guns in Jammu and Kashmir