Brazil teachers` protest for better pay turns violent
Zee Media Bureau
Rio De Janeiro: The protest in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo reportedly turned violent as thousands of people demonstrated demanding better pay for the teachers.
The protest was peaceful at first but later turned violent as some protestors threw firebombs. The Brazilian police then tried to control the crowd with the help of tear gas, as per a BBC news report.
There were reports of clashes between protestors and police in Sao Paulo as well as the demonstrators looted several banks and tried to break into several ATMs as well.
Buildings were damaged, a bus was torched and bank furniture was used by the violent protestors in a standoff with the police, as per report.
The teachers have been protesting from the past two months as they are demanding a better pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH