Brazil teachers` protest for better pay turns violent
Zee Media Bureau
Rio De Janeiro: The protest in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo reportedly turned violent as thousands of people demonstrated demanding better pay for the teachers.
The protest was peaceful at first but later turned violent as some protestors threw firebombs. The Brazilian police then tried to control the crowd with the help of tear gas, as per a BBC news report.
There were reports of clashes between protestors and police in Sao Paulo as well as the demonstrators looted several banks and tried to break into several ATMs as well.
Buildings were damaged, a bus was torched and bank furniture was used by the violent protestors in a standoff with the police, as per report.
The teachers have been protesting from the past two months as they are demanding a better pay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling