Brazil teachers` protest for better pay turns violent
Zee Media Bureau
Rio De Janeiro: The protest in Rio De Janeiro and Sao Paulo reportedly turned violent as thousands of people demonstrated demanding better pay for the teachers.
The protest was peaceful at first but later turned violent as some protestors threw firebombs. The Brazilian police then tried to control the crowd with the help of tear gas, as per a BBC news report.
There were reports of clashes between protestors and police in Sao Paulo as well as the demonstrators looted several banks and tried to break into several ATMs as well.
Buildings were damaged, a bus was torched and bank furniture was used by the violent protestors in a standoff with the police, as per report.
The teachers have been protesting from the past two months as they are demanding a better pay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!