Brazil to have N-submarine reactor in 2014: Navy
Brasilia: Brazil will finish the first reactor for its nuclear submarine in 2014, the Navy`s nuclear propulsion program chief Andre Ferreira Marques said in an interview.
The reactor will be powered initially with five percent enriched uranium and eventually with 20 percent, he said in the interview with the state`s Agencia Brasil news agency.
Brasilia will begin building its nuclear sub in 2016 and complete it in 2021, an adaptation of the Scorpene bought from France.
The sub reactor will be used as a model for future Brazilian nuclear power plant reactors, he added.
Brazil is working towards self-sufficiency in nuclear fuel from 2014, official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre