Brazilian girl sells virginity to help poor people
London: A 20-year-old Brazilian woman student is auctioning off her virginity to the highest bidder to raise cash to build homes for poverty-stricken families, the Daily Mail reported.
Catarina Migliorini, a physical education student of Italian descent, has till now been offered $155,000.
She hopes to pump in the money into a non-governmental organisation that will construct houses in the southern Brazilian state of Santa Catarina.
The girl rejected claims that she was a prostitute, and said she still believed in love, the daily reported.
She will reportedly be followed every step of the way by an Australian film crew for a documentary called "Virgins Wanted".
"I saw this as a business. I have the opportunity to travel, to be part of a movie and get a bonus with it," the woman said.
"The auction is just business, I`m a romantic girl at heart and believe in love. But this will make a big difference to my area," she said.
Catarina signed up to the project two years ago when she saw an advert by Thomas William Productions looking for a virgin to film.
Director Justin Sisely will "record her emotions" before and after her first sexual encounter. A male virgin called Alexander is also being followed.
She will get $20,000 and 90 percent of the final auction sale price, which ends Oct 15.
The winner will be tested for sexually transmitted diseases prior to the encounter that will take place on a plane, leaving Australia for the US.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next