Brazilian mayor gunned down at party
Sao Paulo: The mayor of a Brazilian town was shot dead during a party, police said.
Antonio Luiz Cesar de Castro, mayor of Nova Canaa do Norte town in Mato Grosso state and a member of the Democrats party, was shot five times in front of one of his daughters by a hooded assailant, who fled on foot after the attack, the G1 news portal said.
Police have not yet made any arrests. The Public Safety Secretariat said a police tactical unit will assist with the investigation and pursue the killer.
Last month, another mayor of a Mato Grosso town of Novo Santo Antonio, Valdenir Antonio da Silva, was gunned down by two armed assailants at his home.
The 54-year-old Da Silva had gone outside his home after hearing dogs bark and came up against two intruders who shot him three times, including twice in the chest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter