Brazilian mayor gunned down at party
Sao Paulo: The mayor of a Brazilian town was shot dead during a party, police said.
Antonio Luiz Cesar de Castro, mayor of Nova Canaa do Norte town in Mato Grosso state and a member of the Democrats party, was shot five times in front of one of his daughters by a hooded assailant, who fled on foot after the attack, the G1 news portal said.
Police have not yet made any arrests. The Public Safety Secretariat said a police tactical unit will assist with the investigation and pursue the killer.
Last month, another mayor of a Mato Grosso town of Novo Santo Antonio, Valdenir Antonio da Silva, was gunned down by two armed assailants at his home.
The 54-year-old Da Silva had gone outside his home after hearing dogs bark and came up against two intruders who shot him three times, including twice in the chest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday