Brazilian Prez to undergo tests after health scare: Aides
Brasilia: Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva will undergo health tests in a cardiac clinic this weekend, after a brief hospitalisation for high blood pressure, aides said on Friday.
Lula, who has scrapped all items on his agenda until Monday, is currently recovering at his private residence outside Sao Paulo.
The 64-year-old leader will undergo three hours of medical tests on Saturday at a Sao Paulo cardiac institute, according to presidential aides cited by the state news agency Agencia Brasil. The aides described the examinations as a routine, annual check-up.
Aides swept Lula off his jet early Thursday as he was about to leave for the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland and took him to a hospital in Recife.
Doctors said he was suffering alarmingly high blood pressure. He had complained of chest pains and a sore throat during official ceremonies late Wednesday.
A cellphone video posted on the news website Ultimo Segundo Brasil showed Lula being pushed through the hospital in a wheelchair.
After tests and being released from hospital last night, Lula travelled to his residence in Sao Bernardo dos Campos, outside Sao Paulo, where he was resting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'