Brazilian Prez to undergo tests after health scare: Aides
Brasilia: Brazilian President Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva will undergo health tests in a cardiac clinic this weekend, after a brief hospitalisation for high blood pressure, aides said on Friday.
Lula, who has scrapped all items on his agenda until Monday, is currently recovering at his private residence outside Sao Paulo.
The 64-year-old leader will undergo three hours of medical tests on Saturday at a Sao Paulo cardiac institute, according to presidential aides cited by the state news agency Agencia Brasil. The aides described the examinations as a routine, annual check-up.
Aides swept Lula off his jet early Thursday as he was about to leave for the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland and took him to a hospital in Recife.
Doctors said he was suffering alarmingly high blood pressure. He had complained of chest pains and a sore throat during official ceremonies late Wednesday.
A cellphone video posted on the news website Ultimo Segundo Brasil showed Lula being pushed through the hospital in a wheelchair.
After tests and being released from hospital last night, Lula travelled to his residence in Sao Bernardo dos Campos, outside Sao Paulo, where he was resting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why