Brazil`s first N-sub to be launched in 2021
Brasilia: Brazil`s first nuclear submarine jointly built by Brazil and France would be launched in 2021, Defence Minister Nelson Jobim said.
Jobim told the country`s Parliament on Thursday that though the Brazilian nuclear-driven submarine would be equipped with conventional weapons, it would considerably enhance the deterrent force of the Brazilian Navy.
Under the agreement signed by the two countries, France was to provide the core nuclear technologies that would help Brazil improve its research and development and production capabilities, Jobim added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site