Brazil`s first N-sub to be launched in 2021
Brasilia: Brazil`s first nuclear submarine jointly built by Brazil and France would be launched in 2021, Defence Minister Nelson Jobim said.
Jobim told the country`s Parliament on Thursday that though the Brazilian nuclear-driven submarine would be equipped with conventional weapons, it would considerably enhance the deterrent force of the Brazilian Navy.
Under the agreement signed by the two countries, France was to provide the core nuclear technologies that would help Brazil improve its research and development and production capabilities, Jobim added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29